Common Ground Online Chat
- 4-10 PM, Weekdays (M-F), excluding holidays
- Based on availability
If chat is NOT available online, please see the below resources for support
- Common Ground’s Resource and Crisis Hotline: 24/7–please call 800-231-1127
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 24/7–please call 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Lifeline Crisis Chat-National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
- (Available from 2pm-2am, EST and beginning 1/15/15, Chat and Hotline will be 24/7)
- Crisis Text Line: 24/7: Users should text “Hello” to 741741
Crisis Chat Etiquette
- Use a computer with a strong internet connection to minimize disruptions.
- Use respectful language.
- Stay focused on the chat and respond promptly, limit multi-tasking.
- If you need to step away from your computer, let us know or end the chat and come back when you have more time.